Noise-induced hearing loss is a serious risk whenever you engage in sport shooting without proper ear protection. High decibels of sound often results in permanent deafness, which is usually impossible to treat, even surgically. Still, some types of ear protection fail to offer effective protection against high decibel sounds such as those produced when firing guns.
However, for extreme noise levels, Howard Leight Impact Pro Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff promise to offer effective protection to your ears. The earmuffs offer an impressive 30 extreme noise reduction rating. The basic goal of the Howard Leight R-01902 Impact Pro Electronic Shooting Earmuffs is to shut out noise levels exceeding 82 decibels while amplifying sounds such as conversations by up to four times. Generally, the sophisticated design promises to keep off the bad noises while making sure you do not miss the good sounds.
- One of the key pros of using Howard Leight Impact Pro Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff is that you do not have to take them off in order to hear conversations. The earmuffs offer a highly convenient passive form of ear protection. Therefore, you can avoid the annoying process of having to take them off for conversations and putting them back on when a gun is firing. A number of users have also been impressed by the gadget’s sound amplification feature.
- Since the earmuffs run on batteries, their durability is a legitimate cause of concern for many potential users. However, with 350 hours of use on just a pair of AAA batteries, the gadget is quite energy-efficient. Additionally, the earmuffs have an intelligent automatic shutoff after four hours, which can significantly boost the battery life.
- Another advantage of the Howard Leight is that they come with audio input connectivity. This means that you can easily connect your smartphone or MP3 player and listen to music as you shoot away. Other conveniences attributable to these shooting earmuffs include rubberized pressure points, which prevent scratching of the gunstocks.
- You can rest assured that you are paying for a worthy product when buying the Howard Leight R-01902 Impact Pro because they are also used by military personnel and the police, not just sport shooters. The earmuffs can allow the users to listen to commands or conversations while protecting them from the noises of guns firing without having to actively adjust the earmuffs.
- The Howard Leight Impact Pro Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff are appropriate for both indoor and outdoor use. Additionally, they offer protection for both rifles and high caliber guns. In addition, the manufacturer offers a lifetime frame guarantee on the earmuff.
- Finally, the price of the Howard Leight R-01902 shooting earmuffs is very pocket-friendly, especially when you are looking for effective ear protection on a budget. For much less than 100 dollars, you could be the owner of this effective pair of earmuffs, which comes from a manufacturer with over three decades of experience in the field.
- In comparison to some earmuff models, the Impact Pros are quite large. This can result in additional inconvenience during use. Also, after prolonged use, the earmuffs can become considerably uncomfortable due to their size.
- Some users have also cited delays in the electronic noise canceling mechanism. Sometimes, this results in some high-decibel sounds reaching the ears, which, in a way subverts the very purpose of using ear protection.
- Additionally, the audio input, despite being an innovative addition, is of low quality. Consequently, you should not expect high quality audio sound in case you decide to listen to music while using the earmuffs.
For such a reasonable price, Howard Leight Impact Pro Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff offers amazing ear protection for sport shooting. More importantly, despite its low price, the earmuffs offer good protection and convenient passive use. You do not have to choose between hearing conversations and protecting your ears from firing sounds. In addition, the high noise reduction rating puts the Impact Pro in a class of its own, especially when compared against shooting range ear protection within the same price range. In conclusion, if you are looking to have a quality product that offers top-of-the-range ear protection and allows you passive use during your shooting, then the Howard Leight R-01902 Impact Pro Electronic Shooting Earmuffs is the way to go.
Another great electronic earmuff at a great price. These are in a class of their own compared to other high dollar ear muffs with a NRR of 30 and comfort that lasts, these are worth picking up
Howard Leight Impact Pro Sound Amplification Electronic Shooting Earmuff
- Passive form of ear protection
- 350 hours battery life
- Audio input connectivity
- Uncomfortable due to their size